Minor oral surgery is a field in dentistry that involves surgical treatment that performed within the mouth. This surgery can be done under local anaesthesia with or without sedation. In most situations, it requires only a relatively short recovery period. Types of Minor Oral Surgery
- Impacted wisdom teeth removal – Surgery to remove wisdom teeth
- Difficult Teeth Extaction (Surgical Extraction) – extraction that require the elevation of soft tissue flap, removal of bone, and/ or sectioning of the tooth
- Apicectomy – removal of the last portion of the root of a teeth
- Cyst Enucleation – a technique used to completely remove cyst by elavating of soft tissue flap, removing of bone overlying the cyst followed by peeling off the cyst with spoon-like instrument.
- Gum Surgery
- Dental Implant Treatment – placement of dental implant (that look and feel like your natural teeth) to replace your missing tooth.
- Biopsy – is a procedure where a small part of tissue is removed so that it can be looked closely under microscope.