A case of mal-alignment of teeth treated with fix appliance
18 months after orthodontic treatment (below)….
A 25 years-old Chinese female requested for orthodontic treatment. She complained of spacing at her front teeth while her lateral incisors (side teeth) were hiding behind the lower teeth. She also dislike her left canine which erupted high up in the gum area.
Orthodontic treated started in July, 2010…Scaling and dental fillings done prior to braces placement.
Below were the chronology of braces treatment during 19 months
July 2010: After braces analysis done, she only required single tooth extraction. She had clear crystal braces placed on her teeth.
August 2010: The right lateral incisor (side tooth) is coming out
September 2010: Left canine was pull down to its correct position
October 2010: Wire was engaged to the left lateral incisor
November 2010: Both left canine and left lateral incisor were moving into correct position
January 2011: Nickle Titanium rectangular wire was used to pull down the left lateral incisor and canine
March 2011: Gaps between the teeth on the left side were getting smaller
July 2011: Stainless steel wire was used to help the teeth to move to each other
September 2011: Wire was bend to pull up lower left canine and premolar upwards
October 2011: Upper and lower wire were bend further to close gap
December 2011: Treatment finish, all the teeth were in good alignment
Before and After Braces Treatment
- Case 01: A case of orthodontic treatment with fix appliance
- Case 02: A case of orthodontic treatment with fix appliance
- Case 03: A case of orthodontic treatment with fix appliance
- Case 04: A case of orthodontic treatment with fix appliance
- Orthodontic Treatment
- Orthodontic Consultation
- Fix appliance vs. Removable appliance
- Cases with fix appliance
- Orthodontic with Damon System
- Clear Bracket System
- Clear Aligner with Invisalign® — Invisible braces
- Clear Aligner with MBrace® — Invisible braces
- Orthodontic Limitations & Potential Risks
- Braces for young children
- Braces for jaw surgery
- FAQ on orthodontic